1.14.2005

Paying it backward

I'll be going back to our province later tonight. Sad news coming from my uncle. My grandmother passed away today. I think she's past 90 years old. Very lucky woman. I think she lived a simple but wonderful life. Just by being an instrument in giving life to her children, grand children and great grand children would make her life very meaningful. She's a fruit vendor and had great pride selling. When we were young, we always had these bananas she'd always sent. Albeit a bit over riped. She's very much appreciated (over-riped banana included). I don't forget those simple things. I love my lola.

Rumors has it, that I was one of her favorite grand children. Reason because maybe, she loved my father very much. That I just benefited from it. On my grade school graduation, she gave this wrist watch, twas very special. I kept the watch all these years and will try to refurbish it in coming weeks. Now, she'll be joining, our Father, my father in the other life where we are all headed.

It is doubly sad because, we were supposed to be visiting her last January 2, but tight schedule the morning of that day prevented us from seeing her that day. I really regret not seeing her alive when in fact I am able. I can't understand this human nature that, now she's gone, I can't miss to be there. There is something wrong. Ill just pay it backward. Ill just pray hard for her soul, my father's soul, and my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home