1.11.2005

God Bless the Philippines

If you happen to be in Manila Philippines (was there today), I suggest you check out the Black Nazarene Church (See picture below, i took it using a digicam bought from www.ecBuyph.com - shameless plug - and edited it a bit to complement my blog's color. Church isn't on Mars.) and say a little prayer. Black Nazarene feast is every 9th of January. In effect, the divine spell is still very powerful earlier today being only January 11. Come to think of it, I got a fruitful day today. Hallelujah!




The Historic Plaza Miranda and its annexed area is now renovated. The place is by far, more inviting compared to say 6 years ago. This renovation is a banner project of Mayor Atienza. His plan I think is to beautify Manila a bit on the outside (Check out the Manila's inner streets and check out the slums then go figure if the effort is enough). I think L.A.'s time is up, he's been a mayor 3 consecutive terms. Maybe, since he is grooming his son to replace him as Manila mayor, it will be Kim's plan to improve Manila, inside. Meaning in the inner sanctum, in spirit and real deal "Relive Manila Campaign".

Manila is like to me, some sort of mini-Philippines. Solve Manila's problem, then in a larger scale, apply solutions to the ever-sinking Philippines. Sample (read: lazy to think of some more): Eliminate corruption. I mean we have the funds, just send the fucking fund where it supposed to be. Build roads, build non-stop Light Rails, build mass housing, could go on and on and on. I dare say, we have the money. SHOW US THE MONEY! Create jobs, create opportunity and give some hope. A TRUE health care system (like that in the U.S). Education system that works. This is chicken and egg, these things are done hand in hand in a program based, result driven initiative. (Unlike what MMDA is now doing, all their programs are on a beta test.) If majority of people are prosperous, peace will follow. Peaceful society bears better environment for improvement. Remember, chicken and egg. To anyone, who's thinking my suggestion does not have the beef and the details, I am open to discussion, a debate, hand to hand combat included.

So that, in 10 years, I'll still have my family/relatives with me. As it is, all are packing they're bags, they're ready to go, they are all leaving for Canada, dumping the Philippines. So that, when we hold our Family Reunion in 2015, I can still have better moments of my life with my relatives. So that, I wouldn't be banking on a broadband connection to see them live over the net. Maybe, i have to go back to the Black Nazarene at Quiapo Manila and say a BUNCH of prayers. Like, God bless the Philippines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home