12.26.2004

Filipino Wrestling Fiasco

Bad. I can’t believe I have sacrificed what could have been a fun day at Eagleridge Resort for the delayed telecast games of the much hyped double-header of the NBA. Had I known games will not be shown live, onto Cavite have I gone. So instead of me feasting on resort/hotel cuisine, I am fasting on Christmas left-overs. Worse, people all around the Philippines already knew who won via internet. Ill be quite foolish not to check out the winners myself, so I checked it out. Worst, I found out that Indy and LaLa turn out to be losers. I didn’t watch the 2nd half of the Pacers-Detroit game at all. But later tonight, though I already know who won, I’ll still watch the L.A. game via RPN 9. What a consolation.

Then I remember, a long time ago, in a sleepy town where I grew up, then vivacious and still edible ZsaZsa Padilla and Romnick Sarmenta (I still wonder why the hell they were teamed-up for a musical show.) came to town for a concert. I think this is safe to say that, equivalent of that now is, Regine Velasquez and the premier boy next door (whoever he is) in Philippine Entertainment, visiting your nearest LOCAL and RURAL cockpit arena. My family had the tickets all prepared but I decided to stay at home to watch the GRAND Launching of PINOY WRESTLING. You read it right, Filipino Wresting. Ala-WWF. With such wrestler or better, with such characters as Pacifico Falayfay, Joe Pogi, Smokey Mountain Brothers, who wouldn’t be intrigued. The rest is history, the PinoyWrestling is dead after I think only a season. If you are (un)lucky enough to have RJTV, you might chance upon some re-runs of this spectacle. Maybe I really have this history of choosing to see sporting events that turn out to be not worth the wait over better activities. If I can only see the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home