8.06.2007

In Your Face Driver's License Redemption

Last Sat, coming from D-Mac Avenue - MOA, I used Gil Puyat instead rather than EDSA. And just a slight swerve to the left, a Pasay Traffic Aide (NOT Pulis!) flagged me. Reason: I used half of the left-turning-lane to veer away from the pedestrians, and here we go again...

This time, I was carrying a PNP Police Director calling card signed by the nameholder. ‘Twas given to me by my Pulis Patola Uncle. First time I am to put this card to the test. I thought I'll get a bye using this. The Aide, or lets call him, Pasay Ultra Traffic Aide, in short, P.U.T.A., told me to contact the Police Director. Though I don't know the police director personally, I tried ringing, to no avail. Saturday perhaps, no office, I don't know.

So to Plan B I went...

The Driver-License-Philippine-Hi-Way in your face redemption. When a cop or traffic marshall says, "ikaw na ang bahala, " it's time to pay tax to the crocs. For just P200, you'll be let go like nothing happened.

Ok, Ok, Ok, I am partly to blame but hey, who wants another disruptive day going at Pasay City hall just to get my license. When for all I know, another set of crocs are out there.

Exact location: Intersection of Buendia - Taft Ave. Smell 'em. Be careful when traversing the area during lunchtime and merienda, they are out get you (and your bread, maybe literally).

Justice is swift in the Philippines.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home