9.30.2006

What Not-To-Do Before-During-After Super Storm Like Milenyo

Based from my personal experience, these are the things NOT TO DO during stormy days like the millennium’s first super storm (at least, in my view, this was one powerful bastard) Milenyo.

  • Once there is a total blackout, Do NOT over use your laptop, else, you'll be able to do NOTHING for three effing days. Save the power, shut down for a while and help in the house chores. Like, help securing your house to brace for the storm onslaught, like putting hollow blocks and tires on the roof, or tying up your house to a nearby MERALCO post, etc.
  • As with notebooks, do NOT call and text your friends about the storm when they too are being pounded by the storm, it's useless. By doing so, you will just consume the last gasp of your cellphone charge. (And, since I use Samsung, I do not have a car charger accessory.)
  • Do NOT plan on driving by EDSA when the most powerful windstorm is on the way (11:00am, I had a commitment at EDSA Mandaluyong City earlier that day). As I did plan on it. In other words, Do NOT get killed by those ultra-freaking billboards skeletal metal frames. (BTW, This storm is the final nail in the billboard coffin. I expect stricter regulations after the chaos and tragedy these billboards brought at EDSA, SLEX, NLEX and elsewhere. I expect to see and hear MMDA's Fernando ire, fangs, claws, jabs, Executive Orders unleashing more than ever to rule out these billboards.)
  • While the rest of Luzon is blacked out, do NOT leave your refrigerator door opened while it is switched on and go on a Laguna weekend trip. Why? Because once MERALCO finds a way in untangling the wires, posts, transmission lines, billboards, trees mess/puzzle, power will be back soon and you'll have a FREAKIN open ref opened and on all day all night. Leaving the compressor working his ass the whole time. That's a recipe for disaster. An open invitation for Raffy Tima. Thus, while the whole Makati is praying to get power soon, I am praying to the power gods, to let it not be. Coz if power is back there, I'll be sending my butt there at Makati just to close that door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home