6.05.2007

Compaq Presario V3325 (V3000 Series) Laptop

I said Ill post a separate entry for this, here it is.

I mentioned yesterday that I got myself a new laptop to make myself even more productive (I hope), even whilst on the go. I mentioned too why I needed an upgrade. To cut the story short, my MSI-610 sized 15.4 widescreen is bloody heavy to carry around. Widescreen used to be hot, today, it's not.

So, to the hardware...

isn't that smooth?


It's Compaq Presarion V3325. Complete specs below.

Specifications:
• Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2350
• (2MB L2 cache, 1.86GHz, 533MHz FSB)
• Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset
• 512MB Standard Memory (Later upgraded to 1GB. See story below.)
• 80GB Hard Disk Drive
• 14.1" (35.81cm) WXGA High-Definition BrightView Widescreen Display
• Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
• SuperMulti 8x DVD RW with Double Layer Support
• High speed 56k modem
• integrated 10/100 LAN
• 802.11a/b/g WLAN
• Bluetooth
• Integrated 5-in-1 digital memory reader slot (XD, SD, MMC, MS, MS PRO)
• Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic
• 13 x 9.5 x 1.5 inches and 5.5 pounds

I'll tell you why it's a good buy.

I got this thing for only P49,950.00 from PC Live (HP Compaq Sales Outlet) at MOA. Just a few meters away, Silicon Valley over at Mall of Asia is selling this for 59,950.00. Checking the Villman site, it's listed at 59,950.00 too. Basically, I got it less P10,000.00. It's on a financing deal even, zero interest over a year. All good huh?

But wait, here's more. The guy at PC Live offered free additional 512MB RAM (Value: P4000.00), free iPod Shuffle 1GB (Value: P4800.00) and a free HP Deskjet D2360 Printer with ink of course (value: 2250.00). Already over P10000 value free. These are not bundled freebies masquerading as freebies. These are really capital F.R.E.E.B.I.E.S.

And the clincher is... Pre-installed Windows VISTA O.S. included. Along with the new shiny O.S. comes other programs as well. It will take me some days or perhaps weeks to get the hang of using the new VISTA interface and new applications. If ever, i'll blog about this too. Initially, let me say this, Vista is cool (that is, up until OS bugs come in).

isn't that cool?


My initial impressions:

- The claimed carbon fiber body or case looks good. I mean really good. Stunning shiny and glossy dark gray finish too. 10 laptop-pogi points. Cool blue LED indicators as well.

- The performance is fast. At 1.86 Ghz, Intel Core Duo Processor and 1 MB RAM, this is my fastest laptop thus far.

- Fairly good battery life. Nice quiet operation and does not heat up. Unlike, ahem ahem.

- Nice screen. Said to be using High-Definition BrightView technology. Whatever that means.

- 3 USB ports (essential nowadays) and card reader too (essential nowadays part 2). Reads SD MS/Pro, MMC and XD.

- Keyboard and touch pad nicely sized. Touch pad has an on/off switch. I can actually deactivate the touchpad, that's a first.

- Built-in speaker is extra special or so HP thinks. Altec Lansing supplied the hardware and technology. Side by side with the MSI M-610 speaker, the Compag's Altec Lansing wasn't that superior so I wouldn't shout for joy with what's installed. Basically, the Altec Lansing is better than ordinary.

- Standard wireless connectivity is in. Including the Bluetooth tech. First time I am using a model with built in Bluetooth functionality. I used to plug a bluetooth dongle to do the job.

So there, my take on the Presario V3325.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home