7.07.2006

Search Engine User Behaviour

This is a study made by iProspect and Jupiter Research. Summary below. I'll comment if this is true based on my own behaviour while I am using the search engines.

1. Searchers never look past the first three pages of search engine results.

TRUE. I search up to the 2nd page of results. If I can't find what I am looking for, I'll rephrase my keywords or completely alter the keyword or keywords. Search engines are more efficient now so I am expecting relevant results, 2o results would be enough otherwise, I maybe inputting the wrong keywords or terms and should alter the term/s.

2. Speaking of which, when users don’t find what they’re looking for, only two percent of them give up.

TRUE. Count me in on the 98% bracket. I'll be refining my search even if it will take me an hour to find what I am looking for.

3. When respondents were asked to “Please state how much you agree/disagree with the following statement: ‘Seeing a company listed among the top results on a search engine makes me think that the company is a top one within its field.’” Fully one third of the respondents (33 percent) agreed with the statement, while the rest disagreed.

TRUE. Meaning, the 66% got it right. Having a site listed atop the search results is not a guarantee that the company is the top notch in its field.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home