7.05.2006

IDOL is Philippine Idol Judge

IDOL is Philippine Idol judge. Yes, the Man from Manila.

And so my man, Francis Magalona will be a Philippine Idol judge. It's about time people recognizes the fact that FrancisM is a creative performer and that he may see talent as well now that he is a Philippine Idol Judge. ABC 5 brought this IDOL franchise in the Phillipines, let us just see if somehow they can produce an un-chippy production. Ryan Agoncillo will host the contest. Pilita Corales and Ryan Cayabyab are the other Judges. Some credibility there huh?

Although I welcome Francis Magalona's presence in Eat Bulaga, it kinda put his music/creative side in the back seat. Quite a talented guy, produced great songs like Mahiwagang Kamote, Kaleidoscope, Girl Be Mine, Ayoko Sa Dilim, etc. I mean, his song can stand up to any filipino rock song you can mention. I'll take his songs over the very best of Parokya ni Edgar. FrancisM inpired me too to write some songs/poetry way back early 90s (along with the Beatles of course).

But by being in Eat Bulaga, day in and day out, along with nightly gigs at Allan K's bars, his (music) fans are getting the short end of the stick.

I just hope he has still some rockin left in him. Am I just getting paranoid that he'll never release a music work again?

Pranning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home