5.22.2008

Pirates, Pirates, Pirates, Pirates, Pirates of the Philippines

1. The Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy is what, 3 years old? But good lord, only now I was able to view it (not even done). Believe it. Busy me plus I forgot all about the box-set (PIRATED? Guess!). And y'know what? I am not even done with it. The final one, "At Worlds End", I'll finish it tonight. About 45 minutes of it still unviewed. Was not able to finish it last night as EAJI - San Mig combo made me sleepy and sloppy. Tonight is the night when Pirates 1 2 and 3 will end.

2. I swung by one mall yesterday and I happen to chance upon NBA Live 2008 PC installer. Naaahh, I was really looking t get one. It's by no means, by accident. I got one installer last year but it won't work so I tried again. Yep, me, late again. Late in watching the Pirates of the Caribbean and now, late in getting and playing PC NBA live on my WORK-PC! Installer cost - 100 bucks. DEBEDE Sir?

What Makati mall? Damn, it's for Edu to find out. Good 'ol CDR King (ecBuyph.com competitor) got cheapo cheapo joystick controller, a generic one, cost is P200.00. I got two gamepads for two game players mode. Me, a lazy gamer, I don't like tiring my fingers and busting my keyboards. Sa iba, they prefer the keyboards. I definitely like gamepads.

3. CDR King is one hell of a selling machine. Its queues are always long no matter what time and branch. Mind you, their service is so slow and they are known to give VERY VERY VERY short warranties, but still, they sell. No wonder, up to now, I think, CDR King doesn't do franchising. They'd rather take all the sum. Intsek!

CDR King last year, got into OMB trouble with their imports or something. Or, they imported beyond teh limits of CDs they are allowed to. See, more CDRW out there, more pirated media out there in the streets. That's why OMB is regulating the CD inflow. I wonder what happened with the case. Last time I checked, CDR King paid up dues and penalties. This guy Edu, I like. Does shows. Dance around on his Game Show. Endorses products. Eat instant pancit canton. And be KING of the OMB... What else he can not have? Ah, the Makati City Hall.

4. Because I finally loaded my laptop with two, three, four games... and... because I felt my notebook is slowing down, I upgraded my RAM to 3GB. Yep, that's 2GB Kingston DDR2 stick plus another 1GB DDR2 Kingston RAM.

And I'll tell you dirty little secret. One of the computer stores at MOA, one guy offered one brand new 2GB DDR2 RAM for only P1500.00. Thing is, I'll get his 2GB RAM and not from the well-known computer store where he is stationed. MOA is Mall of Asia.

Then, to be legit-a-bit, I got the 1GB from that store. Both carry 6-months warranty. Personal warranty for the "pirated" 2GB Kingston DDR2 Memory and shop warranty for the 1GB. Dunno where he got that but that's the least of my problem now. So now, thanks to a RAM Pirate, my notebook runs on a 3GB memory. Kinda delightful to see application loading up so quickly. Unlike before man, 1GB RAM, running on VISTA, doom!

By the way, I am selling my 2 pieces 512MB DDR2 RAM here.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home