3.12.2011

LeBron James Versus.

"Don't think for one minute that I haven't been keeping mental notes of everyone taking shots at me this summer. And I mean everyone." - LeBron James

Just helping you out 'Bron...

  • I want him to make sure that he puts my name on that (list). I thought that his little one-hour special was a punk move. - CHARLES BARKLEY

  • "Hey @kingjames - do your "mental notes" include an answer for why you no-showed Game 5 + quit in the last 90 secs of Game 6?" "Tape don't lie." - BILL SIMMONS

  • There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team' - MICHAEL JORDAN

  • Mike (Michael Jordan) and I are in 100% agreement on this. If you're the two-time defending NBA MVP, you don't leave anywhere. They come to you. That's ridiculous. I like LeBron. He's a great player. But I don't think in the history of sports you can find a two-time defending MVP leaving to go play with other people. (James) will never be Jordan. This clearly takes him out of the conversation. He can win as much as he wants to. There would have been something honorable about staying in Cleveland and trying to win it as 'The Man.' LeBron, if he would've won in Cleveland and if he could've got a championship there, it would have been over the top for his legacy, just one in Cleveland. No matter how many he wins in Miami, it clearly is Dwyane Wade's team. - CHARLES BARKLEY

  • I was surprised that he went to Miami. I thought he was, I guess, more of a competitor. The great ones do and usually stay in one location. This is a new era. It’s a little different than my time. - OTIS SMITH

  • (After the Boston Celtics defeated the Miami Heat) It's been a pleasure to bring my talents to south beach now on to Memphis - PAUL PIERCE

  • This is the NBA: No Boys Allowed. Big boys don't cry. But, if you're going to do it, do it in the toilet where no one can see. - PHIL JACKSON

  • I do chuckle a little bit when they sort of complain about the scrutiny when they get. My suggestion would be if you don't want the scrutiny, you don't hold a championship celebration before you've even practiced together. It's hard to go out yourself and invite that kind of crowd and celebration and attention, and then when things aren't going well, sort of bemoan the fact that you're getting that attention. To me, that doesn't follow. - STAN VAN GUNDY

  • I'm not a big fan of the style that Miami plays. Their basketball is very much in standing with Xbox games, or whatever those games are when you play one-on-one. Basketball is not a one-on-one game. It's a team game. - PHIL JACKSON


(But you know what, LBJ's tweet that he's taking note kinda works a little with the players than the executives, old-timers & coaches. Mo Williams & Daniel Gibson said some stuff but it's more of, emotional response to the Lebron coup than direct negative personal statements. Other than the two former friends & teammates, very few players (or none at all) are taking shots negative directed to the Miami Heat and James. Only Paul Pierce's mock made the list.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home